In This Section
Open Events for September 2023 Year R Applications
We are thrilled to be able to invite prospective families into school this year to see the school in action and to ask any questions you may have before you apply for your child’s place at Oakgrove School.
Tours will be appointment only, and will be led by the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher. The dates for the sessions are Monday, 14th November to Friday, 18th November with 2 appointment times of 9 - 10am and 1.30 to 2.30pm.
To book a place, please contact the school office either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01908 545300 option 5.
Nursery September 2023 - Open Evening Event
Tuesday 29th November 4pm – 6pm
This is a drop in event, please turn up between 4pm to 6pm, no need to book a place.
Why do families choose Oakgrove School?
In a recent survey, we asked our current Foundation families why they chose Oakgrove for their child. Here are just some of their responses:
- "The ethos, the facilities and the fact that it's an all-through school."
- "We felt like our child would be valued as an individual."
- "I have only ever heard great things about Oakgrove Primary."
- "It meets the needs of working parents with wrap-around care, holiday clubs and timings of when parents are invited in to school."
- "The opportunities for learning and development, the attitude of teaching staff and the facilities. It feels like a really nurturing space for children."
- "Oakgrove is an "all-through" school, they have well qualified teachers and focus on the physical and mental development of children."
- "Modern facilities."
- "I loved the facilities in the school and the Foundation classroom and large outdoor areas."
Message to parents from Mr Sim, Headteacher at Primary and Nursery
Join us for a tour around our school and hear about what our children think about being at Oakgrove School
A typical day in Foundation
There is no such thing as a typical day in Foundation! To give you an idea of what a day looks like for the children, here is a short video link.
Benefits of an all-through school
- Once your child has a place at Oakgrove Primary they are guaranteed a place at Oakgrove Secondary. You do not need to apply for a secondary place during Year 6.
- We draw on subject specialist teachers to enhance our curriculum – for example, all of our French is taught by a secondary French teacher
- We use specialist teaching areas at the secondary site regularly: carol concerts and our Highlights musical are performed at the secondary theatre; the use of the art studio for some art lessons
- Whole school events, such as the school carol service and awards evening, enable pupils to see their part in our Oakgrove School community
- Our children have many opportunities to spend time at the secondary school and are familiar with the setting when the start in Year 7. This helps create a smooth transition to the secondary site.
- The curriculum is seamlessly sequenced from EYFS to KS5
Virtual tour of the school
For further information on how to apply for a place for your child at Oakgrove School please click on the link below to access our Admissions page: