Prospective Parents Key Information
Open Days for Reception Admission in September 2024
The Open Days will take place every Monday during term time from Monday 2 October 2023 - Monday 8 January 2024, 09:00am - 10:00am
All visits to the school must be booked in advance.
To book a time for a ‘Tour and Talk’ with Mr Sim, the Headteacher at Oakgrove Primary,
please contact the school office on 01908 545300 (option 5) or via email
We look forward to welcoming you.
Open Event for Nursery Admission in September 2024
For information to follow.
Why do families choose Oakgrove School?
In a recent survey, the school asked its current Foundation families why they chose Oakgrove for their child. Here are just some of their responses:
- "The ethos, the facilities and the fact that it's an all-through school."
- "We felt like our child would be valued as an individual."
- "I have only ever heard great things about Oakgrove Primary."
- "It meets the needs of working parents with wrap-around care, holiday clubs and timings of when parents are invited in to school."
- "The opportunities for learning and development, the attitude of teaching staff and the facilities. It feels like a really nurturing space for children."
- "Oakgrove is an "all-through" school, they have well qualified teachers and focus on the physical and mental development of children."
- "Modern facilities."
- "I loved the facilities in the school and the Foundation classroom and large outdoor areas."
Message to parents from Mr Sim, Headteacher at Primary and Nursery
Join us for a tour around our school and hear about what our children think about being at Oakgrove School.
A typical day in Foundation
There is no such thing as a typical day in Foundation. To give an idea of what a day looks like for the children, here is a short video.
Benefits of an all-through school
- Once your child has a place at Oakgrove Primary they are guaranteed a place at Oakgrove Secondary. You do not need to apply for a secondary place during Year 6.
- We draw on subject specialist teachers to enhance our curriculum – for example, all of our French is taught by a secondary French teacher
- We use specialist teaching areas at the secondary site regularly: carol concerts and our Highlights musical are performed at the secondary theatre; the use of the art studio for some art lessons
- Whole school events, such as the school carol service and awards evening, enable pupils to see their part in our Oakgrove School community
- Our children have many opportunities to spend time at the secondary school and are familiar with the setting when the start in Year 7. This helps create a smooth transition to the secondary site.
- The curriculum is seamlessly sequenced from EYFS to KS5
Virtual tour of the school
Visit Admissions for further information on how to apply for a place at Oakgrove School.