It is our aim at Oakgrove School to bring each individual to his/her full potential in a school atmosphere of harmony and shared community values. All children are expected to arrive for nursery smartly dressed in the correct uniform. For our children in nursery, it is important that the children are warm and comfortable in their clothing and that they are able to manage their clothing when they go to the toilet.
Nursery uniform is as follows:
- Navy Blue sweatshirt with or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- White polo shirt with or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- Plain dark (black, grey or navy) comfortable bottoms – e.g. leggings, tracksuit bottoms.
Children should also bring in a named water bottle.
*Logo items can only be purchased from Maisies as they are the named outfitters for Oakgrove School. You can order uniform direct from their website: www.maisies-superstore.co.uk
Non logo items can be purchased locally from most major superstores.
Reception through to Year 6
- Navy blue cardigan or sweatshirt, with logo or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- White polo shirt, with logo or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- Grey tailored trousers/skirt
- Plain black tights or white socks with skirts
- Plain black socks with trousers
- Sensible flat black shoes (no logos/branding, trainers, trainer type shoes, canvas shoes/pumps or similar)
As above with the option of:
- Navy blue checked summer dress
- Grey school shorts
Jewellery and Hair – Applicable to all year groups
- Jewellery and make-up are not permitted, with the exception of a watch
- Children with pierced ears may wear one sleeper or stud in the lobe of each ear
- Items of religious jewellery must be discussed with the Deputy Head Teacher or Headteacher
- Hairstyles need to be appropriate for school. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted, these include:
Not too short, nor too long, a “number 2” is the minimum acceptable in terms of length;
Artwork on the scalp or eyebrows is regarded as a fashion extreme and is therefore not permitted;
Hair should be one tone;
Hair bands and head scarves should be strictly functional and either in navy blue, light blue, black or white.
PE KIT – Applicable to all year groups
- Round necked plain white T shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Plain white /black socks
- Black plimsolls or suitable trainers
- A plain navy or black tracksuit may be worn during the winter months for outdoor sports
No jewellery of any type may be worn in PE or Games.
Maisies is the named outfitters.
* Items marked with an asterisk must be purchased from Maisies
Additional Items (compulsory)
- Book bag with school logo (can be purchased from Maisies)
- PE drawstring bag in plain navy blue fabric (Maisies version with logo here)
Additional Items (optional)
- Navy blue fleece with logo or without Oakgrove Primary School logo (optional)*
- Water bottles
Oakgrove School appreciates parents’ support in ensuring children arrive at school smartly dressed in their appropriate school uniform.
It is Oakgrove School’s aim for each individual to reach their full potential in a school atmosphere of harmony and shared community values. For this reason, we insist upon high standards in dress and appearance, which will prepare our students for successful careers in the wider community. In addition, movement around the school at times can become congested and it is important therefore that students are dressed appropriately and they are not wearing items that could become a safety hazard. It is the responsibility of parents/carers to ensure that their child is in the correct uniform and ready to learn.
Uniform Policy - For details of Oakgrove's full uniform and PE kit.
Maisies is the named outfitters of Oakgrove’s secondary uniform.